Pages

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I am back with another recipe featuring bell pepper. The recipe is loosely based on my memory of a dish I ate at a friend's house years ago when I was not interested in recipes, methods or ingredients. I have used ingredients that I had handy. The dish is very easy to make.....takes not more than twenty minutes including prep work.
What u need:
Bell pepper(capsicum) - 1 large, diced
Spring onions - a few(optional)
Salt
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Grind together without using water:
Coconut - a few spoons
Green chilli - 3
Fried gram dal(Dalia) - a handful

In a pan, heat the oil. Add urad dal and mustard seeds. When the seeds pop, add onions, bell pepper and salt. Stir, reduce heat and cook covered until the pepper softens....takes about 5-10 minutes. Add the ground mixture. Stir well. Serve hot with rice.
Njoy!!!

3 comments:

FH said...

I have a bell pepper dish too!:D:D Your's looks very easy to make and delicious side dish for chapatis!! YUM!!Thanks!!

Prema Sundar said...

Using spring onions and coconut in a recipe is new to me. Thanks for the different idea.

Shah cooks said...

This looks interesting. I have never thot of bell pepper as an indian veggie so nver made thoran and stir fries with it using coconut. Thanks.