Pages

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Maaladu

Crumble-at-the-touch maaladus have always been a favourite of mine. This sweet treat is something that can be made quickly and without too much of a hassle.What you need:

Pottukadalai/ roasted bengal gram dal - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Ghee - as much as required to shape the flour into balls
Cashews - a handful, roasted in ghee (optional)
Raisins - a few, roasted in ghee (optional)

Powder the gram dal finely in a mixie. Powder the sugar as well and mix both the powders and the cashews and raisins together. Now add in warm ghee and shape into balls.
Njoy!!!

3 comments:

jayasree said...

My favorite sweet. It makes less appearnace in my kitchen now a days due to the amount of ghee that goes into it.

mitr_bayarea said...

This is my favorite sweet as well, love the ones that grand sweets has.

Sunshinemom said...

This is my favourite laddoo, and one of my grandaunts brings this for me whenever she visits! Simple and yum:) Like Jayasree said I too avoid it because of the ghee but now that you have tempted me, I am going to tempt my kids with it too!!