Pages

Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Air fryer aloo tikki and aloo tikki chaat

The newest toy in my kitchen is an air fryer. I dithered over the purchase for a long time, and finally, last month, decided that I should it buy one. The husband and I have been experimenting with various dishes that we would normally use a lot of oil for,  and so far, all the experiments have been successful. Today's aloo tikki is made with minimal oil in the air fryer and it turned out nice and crisp on the outside and soft on the inside - just the way a good tikki should be.
Once the tikkis are made, they are topped with green chutney, spiced curd, sweet tamarind chutney, chopped onions and sev. This makes for a great starter or snack.

What you need:

For the tikki:
Potato - 4, boiled, peeled and mashed well
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 12/ tsp
Amchur powder - 1/2 tsp
Chaat masala - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Corn flour - 1.5 tbsp.

Mix all the ingredients to a smooth dough. Oil your hands well and roll out small golf ball sized pieces of dough and flatten them into tikkis. Brush some oil on both sides of each tikki.
Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
Place the tikkis in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at 360 degrees for 12 minutes (6 minutes on each side).
If you do not have an air fryer, you can shallow fry the tikkis in a pan, adding about a teaspoon of oil around the tikkis and cooking them until they are well browned on both sides.

For the green chutney:
Cilantro - a small bunch
Green chilli - 2
Juice of half a lemon
Salt
Grind all the ingredients to a smooth paste along with a quarter cup of water.

For the spiced curd mixture:
Yogurt/curd - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/4 tsp
Salt
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Whisk all the ingredients together till smooth.

To assemble:
Place two tikkis on a plate. Top with generous helpings of curd, green chutney, tamarind chutney, finely chopped onion and sev.
Serve immediately.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM 

8 comments:

Srivalli said...

I have been reading about the success story of the air fryer and want to get one..your aloo tikki looks very good!

Pavani said...

My husband wants to buy an air fyer but I wan't convinced that I need one. Your aloo tikki recipe is tempting me to buy one soon. Healthy & yummy chaat there.

Jyoti Babel said...

I have heard a lot about airfryer but haven't been able to make my mind about buying it. Seeing your post, it seems it may be worth while to invest in it. Aloo tikki chat is a great favorite in our home too.

Priya Suresh said...

Now am tempted to get an air fryer. Aloo tikki chaat is simply irresistible, my mouth is watering here.

Harini R said...

Good one for the air fryer. Shal try out soon.

vaishali sabnani said...

I have an airfryer and use it quite often , it is all about experimental cooking and rather interesting . I love these Aloo Tikkis .

Nisha said...

Another gadget on my wish list. :) Tikkis have come out well. Good one.

cookingwithsapana said...

I wish to buy air fryer too. The tikii chaat looks so inviting.